Friday, March 28, 2014

Four Stars for Jane Austen and the Archangel

Jane Austen and the Archangel (Angels Come to Earth, #1)Jane Austen and the Archangel by Pamela Aares
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I downloaded this book to my Kindle when I saw it on Facebook. I'm a huge Jane Austen fan and have also read many of the modern-day "sequels" to her books, so I thought, "What the heck?" The premise of Jane Austen getting involved with an archangel seemed creative at the very least. I figured it would either be gawdawful or quite intriguing. I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised. Pamela Aares did a wonderful job of not only bringing Jane alive for me, but lending credulity to the story of her falling hard for the archangel Michael. Angelic intervention aside, she respected the facts of Jane's life in spinning her tale, lending to its believability. Bravo, Pamela Aares. I would definitely read more from this author.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Writing smexy paranormals with a Celtic twist. Blogging about good books.